the traveler's resource guide to festivals & filmsa FestivalTravelNetwork.com site part of Insider Media llc.
It’s nearly 75 years since the movie The Wizard of Oz captured the hearts and imagination of children of all ages. Since then, it’s had many incarnations ranging from movie sequels to even the Broadway musical hit Wicked which is a historical perspective of the witches featured in The Wizard of Oz – Glinda and The Wicked Witch of the West (who as it turns out, wasn’t really that wicked). So, we’ve had the backgrounds of Dorothy, the two witches, well how about the Wizard himself? Aren’t you a little curious how the Wizard came to be? Based on L. Frank Baum’s Oz novels, the movie Oz the Great and Powerful was the number one hit in movie theatres for two weeks in a row, proving that the series continues to capture our imagination. With the fantastical tale of an ordinary man who rises to become the Wizard and his encounters with a myriad of beloved characters eg, Glinda the Good witch and new ones – eg new witches Theordora and Evanora.
Read more: HSN Oz Collection Dazzles
Spring conjures up the ideas of rebirth, rejuvenation, renewal, resurrection, and regrowth. What's a better way to usher in the new season than with a press event for new products or improvements to existing ones?BIORE ACNE CLEARING SCRUBAcne, bacne (back acne), chacne (chest acne). Sorry darlings, but acne doesn’t stop at adolescence. According to a Massachusetts General Hospital study, clinical acne afflicts the complexions of 45 percent of women ages 21 to 30, 26 percent of women ages 31 to 40, and 12 percent of women ages 41 to 50. And what do you do with those hard to reach places?
Read more: Spring Beauty Products Fill Stores
Stepping into a L'Occitane store this time of year is like stepping into Santa's workshop. Instead of toys however, your senses are delighted in every way with L'Occitane's products.
From body skincare to wondrous scents, L'Occitane has you covered from head to toe.
Christmas is always a magical time so it’s no wonder L’Occitane chooses this period to spread some cheer and cast a festive spell with its two new fragrant collections.
Crafted by the L’Occitane’s Fragrance Merchant, its limited edition Fleurs Merveilleuses (Marvelous Flowers) and Feuilles Magiques (Magical Leaves) collection incorporates a line of beauty products including fragrance, hand cream, body cream/ milk, shower gel, and shimmering oil. Both collections are formulated to soften, nourish, moisturize while leaving a lovely fragrance. The whimsical packaging, including the faceted perfume bottles, will capture everyone’s heart this Christmas.
Both lines involve mixtures of fruits, flowers and herbs - staying true to L'Occitane's aesthetics. Marvellous Flowers has more of a feminine touch with notes of pink grapefruit, red berries, roses, peonies, white wood and musk. Magical Leaves is a unisex line with notes of verbena, hazel, citrus fruits and vanilla.
Ranging from prices as low as $10 for the hand cream (great stocking stuffers) to $45 for the eau de toilette. The best bets are the $60 - $68 gift sets which includes most of the individual products at a great price and a beautiful gift box.
In addition to this limited edition line, L'Occitane also has a range of gift sets for those who already are familiar with or for those who need an introduction to L'Occitane's products.
While known primarily for its fair trade organic pure shea butter products, L'Occitane has entire lines dedicated to skincare, bath & body, fragrance and haircare. The gift sets are like a who's who round-up of their most popular products ranging from the Best of L'Occitane's Collection, Ultimate Gift of Youth, and more.
L'Occitane has even created a special gift set especially for the guys, the L'Occitan Star Gift (no, that's not a typo. L'Occitan is the masculine take on the company name) and the Verdon Adventure set.
The best part to not only having these great products in one set (takes all the guesswork from selecting individual products), the sets come in a gorgeous gift box that requires no gift wrapping at all. In fact, most of these boxes are so visually appealing, that once the products are used up, you can reuse these gorgeous boxes. All of these gift sets are now on sale and tend to sell out very quickly.
From inexpensive stocking stuffers to indulgent gift sets, head to one of the L'Occitane stores in Manhattan or in your area -- it has something for everyone.
It's getting down to crunch time. You have officially less than three weeks left to buy the perfect gift for Christmas. Are you getting stress palpitations and seeing not visions of sugarplums but of yourself running up and down the aisles, knocking down people to get THE GIFT?
Well look no further, the Accessories Council (http://www.accessoriescouncil.org) is here to the rescue.
For over 17 years, the Accessories Council has been the to-go-to place to help you find the perfect gift for every occasion. Consider them your personal shopper.
This holiday season, the Accessories Council focuses its attention on the many gifts available at Lord and Taylor (http://www.lordandtaylor.com), everyone's perennial department store. The great thing is that Lord and Taylor is available coast-to-coast and of course, online, so there's no reason not to go.
The Accessories Council has made it even more easier for you by highlighting their favorites gifts.
• Swarovski Studio bracelet: Who doesn't love Swarovski? Even more so when it's in the form of a bracelet crafted from interwoven black calfskin leather and cotton cords.
• Minnie Rose Cashmere Ruana scarf: buttery soft & cozy cashmere in a rainbow of colors. The perfect go-with piece in 15 colors, it's going to be so hard to just pick one.
• Echo Touch gloves: We love our electronic gadgets. With almost everyone having a touchscreen something, Echo Touch gloves are fashionable and functional. With their eLink technology sewn into the gloves' index finger and thumb, you'll never have to fumble or freeze.
• Chicbuds Retractable Crystal Earbuds: You have the hands covered, now what about the ears? Yes, chicBuds lets you listen to your music in style with Swarovski-adorned retractable earbuds.
• Anne Klein rosegold and crystal watch: Forget platinum and diamonds, it's all about rosegold. This stunning timepiece is set in an oversized rosegold tone case framed with Swarovski crystals.
• Catherine Canino for Sunstone 925 bracelet W: Is there an equestrian lover on your list? How about this leather cord bracelet? Not too fussy yet still a statement piece on its own. The adjustable nubuck leather cord bracelets melds the aesthetics of someone outdoorsy with its silver beads and horseshoe pendant, yet someone who likes to look feminine with the single freshwater pearl.
• Jessica Simpson Panama hat: Who doesn't love a great hat? A great hat can convey and the Panama hat is one of the most versatile hat style. From a peek-a-boo look for the shy type to the insouciant look of the fashionista diva, it's the perfect finishing touch.
Vince Camuto's Jennah cross-body bag: The co-creater of Nine West definitely knows a thing or two about accessories. His eponymous empire not only covers shoes but has expanded to a lifestyle empire including accessories and fragrances. From casual to dressy, the Jennah cross-body purse is for the woman on the go. Its deceptively small size opens up to a multi-compartmentalized purse that has tons and tons of storage space.
• Zack signature leather woven bracelet: Men are more likely than women to choose one statement piece and wear that for years. Zack designs are made for for the special man in your life especially with this braided leather bracelet and silver finishings. Its subtle yet it's all man.
• Botkier Valentina shoulder bag: Botkier purses are one of the most sought-after gifts. Why not choose the Valentina bag which allows women to go from work to evening in no time? Most purses become a black hole - you put something in there and it's basically lost forever. With the Valentina bag, not only do its gusseted sides expands but also the three interior compartments allow you to store everything in its proper place. Now you can store everything in your purse and know where it is. Even more ingenious, the Valentina comes with with an attached keychain so you'll never have to look for the your keys which have fallen to the bottom of your purse.
• South Sea rum: Jamaica is known for being the land of rum. Well, we may have to think again. Just as tropical is this special blend from Australia, the West Australian Distilling Company crafted this special premier blonde rum blend. Perfect for the extra special eggnog, yum....
Lord & Taylor VIP card: As if you needed an extra incentive to shop at Lord & Taylor, the VIP card entitles the bearer to 25% anytime on almost everything in the store AND free standard shipping. How's that for a no-brainer?
Christmas is in the bag, make it a Lord & Taylor bag. All the above items are available at Lord and Taylor except for the South Sea Rum which is available at fine liquor stores.
For more info, store locataions or online access go to: www.lordandtylor.com
Page 9 of 12
Sign up for our weekly newsletter!